Christmas at Tiffani's (December 22 2014)
When Tiffani Thiessen invited 40 loved ones to her L.A. home for a November 19 fete, she went into host overdrive. "I planned the whole menu," she says. Under the watchful eye of sous-chef Harper, 4 (her daughter with Brady Smith, 43), the White Collar star, 40, spent three days prepping the feast: crostini to start, roasted chicken and acorn squash. She even made cheeky labels for the rolls and added greens to the confection made by pal Jenny Keller of Seattle-based Jenny Cookies. "It's the 'naked cake.' I love it."
From the Jill Smith-designed menu cards to the Casa de Perrin place settings, Thiessen stuck to her black-and-white palette. "The only color was a pop of gold," she says of the 14-karat cutlery. Even the flowers - peonies, paperwhites and poinsettias - suited the icy scheme. "I loved how modern it turned out," says Thiessen. "I can't wait for my next event!"
She teamed up with sister-in-law and graphic designer Jill Smith to deck her halls. "We didn't want the look tied to one holiday," says the actress, who hung a eucalyptus and Cecropia-leaf wreath by Moon Canyon Design above the outdoor fireplace. "This could work for New Year's too. Just swap the pillows!" For added style, they topped the bar with vintage glassware.
Guests left with breakfast. "I added cranberries and pumpkin seeds to give the granola some red and green," says the hostess, who had the recipe printed on the bag!
Pomegranate Rosemary Sparklers
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 24 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- Pomegranate seeds, if desired
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, water and rosemary, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Pour the simple syrup through a wire-mesh strainer into an airtight container; discard rosemary. Let cool to room temperature.
- In each goblet, measure and pour 3 oz pomegranate juice and ˝ oz simple syrup; stir. Top with 3 oz Prosecco. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and pomegranate seeds. Serves 8.