Beverly Hills 90210 (1994-1998)Character: Valerie Malone
Creators: Darren Star
Seasons Ran: 10
Genre: Drama, Romance
Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman-Vasquez
Brian Austin Green as David Silver
Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
Originally based around the lives of a group of high school students living in the wealthy Beverly Hills neighborhood, then later moving on to their college days as they got older. The kids become friends and enemies, fall in and out of love, and go through an endless series of crises as this small group somehow becomes personally involved in every newsworthy social issue from alcoholism to South African apartheid to pregnancy to AIDS.
In the beginning of season 5 (What I Did On My Summer and Other Stories), Valerie moves in with the Walshes after her father commits suicide. Val was a close friend of the family back when the Walshes lived in Minnesota. At first, Valerie seemed like a nice girl, until Kelly questioned the smell of pot in Val's bedroom. Afterwards, Kelly suspected Val's intentions. Ever since Valerie was caught making out with Dylan while dating Steve, the gang suspected she always had her own agenda.
It wasn't until Val invested in the Peach Pit AfterDark and becoming a businesswoman where Valerie started maturing from her reckless stage, although she would try to steal boyfriends from the girls. Throughout the season, Val was manipulative and deceiving down to the pulp. She made her way into bedrooms such as Brandon, Dylan, Steve, David, Colin and Ray. Eventually, towards the end of the show she made peace with herself.
• Cancelled on 24 January 2000.
• To make the show last longer with the characters in high school, the gang did junior year twice.
• Tiffani Thiessen and Gabrielle Carteris are the only cast members to return to the show for the series finale. Jason Priestley was only shown on video.
- Dylan: You don't believe in symbolism?
- Val: I don't believe in anything.
- Val: He doesn't like fire. He shouldn't be playing with matches.
- Val: You know when Brandon told me you were hard on other people, I didn't take him seriously enough. You're dangerous.
- Kelly: I think it's the other way around.
- Val: Really? Well if you like butting in so much why don't you try it with Dylan.
- Kelly: Meaning, what?
- Val: Brenda told me your ex-boyfriend used to be an AA so if you care about him at all, maybe you should get off your pedistool and help him.
- Val: You know I am not Brenda! I will never be Brenda! Don't talk to me about Brenda!
- Dylan: No, you're not Brenda. You're just pretending to be. I think you like living in Brenda's house, you like sleepin' in Brenda's bed. You got Brenda's brother and Brenda's parents. All there in that nice, cozy little package! Instant family!
- Val (in tears): What's wrong with that?
- Dylan: ...nothing.
- Val: You okay?
- Kelly: Why wouldn't I be?
- Val: I was just trying to be nice.
- Kelly: Do me a favor. Don't try so hard.
- Val: You know, one more thing and this would be the perfect Thanksgiving.
- David: What would that be?
- Val: Make love to me.
- David: There's nothing else I'd rather do.
- David: Val, I can't helping thinkin'. You could have phoned anyone with that one call. Brandon, Donna, Steve, Nat, but you called me.
- Val: Wasn't even close.
- David: Why?
- Val: You're the only one, I can let see myself like this. And the only one who cares, David.
- Val (talking about David): Well, it's alright. I already got my bonus, a guy who doesn't fake.
- Valerie Malone: So Dylan, what happened to all your millions? Did it just fly away?
- Dylan McKay: You wanna know what happened? Life's a bitch is what happened! Somebody stole it, it's gone, there's nothing left! Now if you want to play night games, I suggest that you get with the program if you really want to spend the night.
- Valerie Malone: "I'm laidback. I'm not uptight. I'm not evil. And I won't smoke a lot of pot and sleep with your boyfriend."
- David (to Val): You don't have to be afraid anymore.
- "You know, we should call you the terminator, I mean who else could knock out two guys with one shot."
- "Listen, like my father used to say, 'We're only here for a short time, so you got to make it a good time.'"
- "Is my web so unpleasant?"
- "Now I just want to get paid like a pro."
- "Well, the fun was for free, it's the work I want to get paid for."
- "It's really hard to keep a sense of humor about how the universe operates when you feel like the joke's on you."
- "I'm not that innocent."
- Dylan: Wow, Wow, Wow...What are you doing? Are you running out on me?
- Valerie: "Come on, don't you think we had enough punishment for one night?"
- Dylan: "You call this punishment? Mmm...No I'm just getting warmed up, of course you rather split, we can go somewhere else and both of us can get warmed up."
- Valerie: "On the first date? What kind of girl do you think I am?"
- Dylan: "I don't know. One who likes a little company?!"
- Valerie: "I want a man...to ache for me."
- Dylan: "Well...I'm acheing."
- Valerie: "Not yet, you aren't..."
- [valerie leaves; dylan stands still looking]
- "He seems kind of dumb... but I bet he gives good credit card."
- "You know, I really used to envy Brenda and pray that my life be as charmed as hers."
- (David in bathroom, Val leaning on the other side of the door)
- Valerie: "David come on...nobody showers for 3 hours, your skin's gonna fall off. David? David? Come on, the reunion's not gonna be that bad, I promise."
- David: (Sighs) "It will be the same as doing jingles."
- Valerie: "You could be a rockstar again."
- David: "Look, Val, if you want to pretend to be someone else that's fine ok, just don't drag me down with you."
- Valerie: "Doesn't it just intrigue you just a little bit?"
- David: "Ya, bout as much as SPAM!"
- Valerie: "Look, no ones gonna know the truth ok? I won't be known as the high school slut anymore, I mean I'll be seen as somebody who's decent and maybe, maybe even loveable you know."
- [David opens the door Val almost lands on her butt.]
- David: "(Sigh)I already see you that way."
- Valerie: "But no one else does, but they would if you just take me."
- David: "It really means that much to you."
- Valerie: (in a puppy dog voice) "Yes."
- David: "Ok, but you owe me."
- Valerie: "What did you have in mind?"
- David: "I'll Think of something."
- [David drags Valerie in to the shower]
- Valerie: "David! David not that kind, David."
- [Valerie Screams]
- David: "Your father committed suicide, right?"
- Valerie: "David, My father was murdered."
- David: "What?"
- Valerie: "I killed my father."
- Valerie: So?
- Ray: Well, I have a contract with this nightclub and tonight's my last date. I believe in fulfilling my obligations.
- Valerie: How professional of you.
- Ray: Of course, if you want to pay me not to play, I'd be more than happy to leave.
- Valerie: I don't believe in paying someone for nothing.
David's Poem To Valerie via Valentine episode
As fingertips feel the sensation to weep,
And wax-melted candles reflect in your sleep,
A beauty that forces the pain to retreat,
Even though the waves can keep breaking.
The power of destiny pulls like a rage,
The touch of your lips hides the beast in the cage,
For love, as does wine, gets better with age,
My heart is the one that you're taking.
I hope and pray, as the years run away,
And hourglass sands stand still as I say,
"I love you a little bit more every day,
You're the half of my whole, no mistaking."